liner floating

May 22, 2011
with all the rain here in pa my liner has floated, any suggestions on how to deal with it? Grin and bear it and just wait till the water pressure is less and the liner sucks back in? wrinkle city?

Welcome to TFP!

It all depends how far it has moved. If the movement has been small and mostly away from the walls, rather than shifting horizontally along the walls/floor, you can just raise the water level in the pool and things will go back to normal. For somewhat larger amounts of movement you can slowly raise the water level while brushing/tugging/pushing the liner back into position. If the liner has shifted too much you need to drain the pool and reset the liner (if it isn't too old) or replace it (if it is older).

JasonLion said:
Welcome to TFP!

It all depends how far it has moved. If the movement has been small and mostly away from the walls, rather than shifting horizontally along the walls/floor, you can just raise the water level in the pool and things will go back to normal. For somewhat larger amounts of movement you can slowly raise the water level while brushing/tugging/pushing the liner back into position. If the liner has shifted too much you need to drain the pool and reset the liner (if it isn't too old) or replace it (if it is older).

hmm water is almost to the top already... we had over a foot of rain in 2-3 days... but thanks.. the pool is 5 years old dont know how much its been stretched out by this

If the builder put in an underdrain (basically, a well point going under the pool to keep the water under control while the pool was being built), you can put a pump on it to lower the ground water a little bit.

JamesW said:
If the builder put in an underdrain (basically, a well point going under the pool to keep the water under control while the pool was being built), you can put a pump on it to lower the ground water a little bit.

the pool builder was a moron ( me :hammer: ) and set the whole thing about a foot to low, normally not a problem if the water level is up in the pool. I thought about drilling a hole near the pool and putting in a sump but just how far out is the ground water... could be pumping to relieve the pressure for weeks?

if i have to change the liner i may do what you suggested

thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.