I'm trying to understand how much salt usage, Acid usage and bicarb usage is "normal" in a salt pool with SWG.
Pool was converted to salt on 7/6, and on 7/24 salt was 3200.
I added a 40 lb bag in August (I didn't log the date) when the salt indicator and the salt test showed it was a little low.
Last week I added a gallon of liquid to raise the CyA and it moved from 50 ppm to 80-90
A day later I added 4 lbs bicarb as the TA was down from 90 to 60.
Last week I tested Chlorine and PH and added a little (cup or pint) every other day keep the PH down.
Yesterday The low salt light was on my IC40. the diagnostics was showing 2400. I didn't have time to test beyond the basics. The quick 5 drop chlorine test showed it was around 3 and PH about 7.8. I added a pint of acid and a 40 lb bag of salt. equip ran for about 8 hours along with the Kleen Machine was running to stir things up.
This morning the low salt was on again, diagnostics showed 2300 PPM. Two hours later it was 2900 ppm.
Here are today's test
PH 7.8 (acid demand 1 drop not quite, 2 drops too much)
CH 180 ? may be suspect my 6yo was helping and we lost count...
I added 1/2 gal liquid chlorine to the spa with the spillway running (does a nice mini-shock of the spa)
and 1 1/2 pints liquid acid. I'm concerned that the low salt is causing low chlorine. I'll see what it looks like tomorrow.
Pool temps run up to 88 during the day with the solar cranked and cool to about 80-82 by morning. My autofil was broken earlier this year and I can loose 1/2 inch of water overnight, especially if it is breezy. Pool is shaded early morning and late afternoon
Pool has auto fill.
Chlorine 0.5 ( 5 drop test)
is the low chlorine a normal side effect of low salt?
how much salt usage is normal? is a bag a month normal for a 15K gallon pool like this?
Does adding CyA cause the salt level to drop?
how much TA loss is normal? is 4 lb a month reasonable?
( I think) the PH rise is normal with the SWG? I'm typically use a couple of gallons of muriatic acid a month. Is this reasonable
We lose some water splashed out with the kids, but not excessive.
I'm assuming when water evaporates it leaves the chems behind.
I can see PH rise with the tap water being added but is this much salt consumption normal?
I haven't checked for a leak but that's my concern if this is excessive.
tnx in advance.