novabella chlorine tablets

Aug 11, 2011
http://novabella.com/testimonials.html

I saw these at the store the other day, and was wondering if these could be used as an alternative to household bleach. I couldn't find a list of ingredients,(which doesn't necessarily mean it's not there) and was wondering if anybody knew what was in them. They are in the laundry isle and are advertised as an alternative to liquid bleach.
I actually don't mind the bottles, but am still curious if I could use those in my chlorinator?

It's probably just tri-chlor 1" tablets. Wonder how much the markup is?

I couldn't find the msds for the actual product. But any solid form of chlorine is either tri-chlor, di-chlor, or cal-hypo as far as I've ever heard. CYA won't hurt your laundry so no big deal if it's added to it, no reason to even bother to disclose it for marketing purposes.

Laundry tabs are most likely to be sodium percarbonate (a type of non-chlorine bleach), which is sodium carbonate and hydrogen peroxide. They should not be used in your swimming pool.

The product has an ask-the-chemist page, that you could use to ask about the ingredients.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.