middle of closing pool,problem blowing lines

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I am bloeing out the lines with a compressor. No main drains just skimmer. I blew out the skimmer pipe from pad and got all water out and plugged up. Next I put the compressor back on to blow out next return and the pressure built up to a point where the seal in the pipe on compressor side keeps blowing.

What could cause this? Is there a clog between the filter and 1st return? The return seemed fine when pump was running filtering the pool water.

if the other end is fee of any obstruction (any type of plug) then its either the angle of the air flow was not straight or there is some type of obstruction .. you can try putting water back in the pipe and see if it comes out the other end freely then either there will be no obstruction or the water flow dislodged it

Sorry for wasting ur time SHADEZ and thanks for ur help but its all good. I had a brain fart and all lines blown out. I am too embarrassed to explain what I did wrong. Amazing I can tie my own shoes sometimes. Idiot

Ethany,

This year will be the first time I attempt a pool closing on my own, and I suspect I'll make some of the same silly mistakes you're too embarrassed to admit....in other words, don't feel bad!! If you don't mind, can you explain what it was you did wrong - so others (like myself) can learn from you? Did you forget to open the next valve?

Also, would you mind sharing what type of compressor equipment you're using? I purchased a 1 gallon pancake compressor this summer, and it wouldn't even stay filled long enough to inflate a simple pool toy. I doubt it would work for blowing out the lines either so I returned it. What are you using??

That's exactly what I did. Kept blowin the suction instead of returns. It was a long day,took me almost 2 hrs power washing deck and I was trying to rush because I had plans in the early evening.

I'm not an expert on compressor's but the psi has to do with how far ur equip. pad is to the returns. I have a return that is 50 or so feet from my pad so a wet/dry vac will not work for me. I have a 135 psi compressor. Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.