New vinyl pool build in central PA

XsAllOverIt said:
I wanted to provide a picture of my walls in my back yard. We would have NEVER imagined that we had a requirement for this much wall material. For those following this thread, just know the wall is a major percentage of the construction. My wall material alone (all my labor) including PA Bluestone deck will run approximately $35K. To-date, I've spent $33K. If I had known how much it cost, I would have used a cheaper wall material. For those building pools, make sure you really pay attention to your elevations. We would have never believed we would be 8' below grade at the deep end.

Completely agree. Our wall and pavers cost would be 55% of the total project. Walls give landscape a different feel, but major initial expense.

Coping is being done today.
The bottom of the pool does not look very smooth. PB said the will do some kind of sanding!?!? I am wondering why the could not do better job in the first place.
Also second pool light string stuck somewhere in conduit. Asking PB to take care of it before the liner and pavers are done, just want to eliminate any surprices.
New pictures in the Recent photos section http://slava.no-ip.org/~poolpic/photo/

It is been awhile since I posted progress. We got to 95% completion last year and a couple issues left to resolve. Here is the latest picture with comparation to be beginning state.
Hope to open pool this month since the weather was so good.

Attachments

• Comb1.jpg
    Comb1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 182
I'm gulping at the cost of these walls because it is in my future. I wanted to do an above ground but I think I will wait it out and swim in the river for a few more years and just go with an inground... or should I say build a couple wassl and put the pool in it! :shock: (I live on a hill)

Your pool and the build looks amazing. You will definately enjoy it!

Yes, that is techo blu-60. I think it worked out great .
The walls are $$, if i remember correctly 26-30k.
But it is a lot of work to put them, it is not just a weekend job.
Guys did great job with building good base, putting geogrid, drainage and filling a lot of stone behind walls.
The whole project ran about 100k , i was bidgetting 70 :)
As far as landscaping we are putting sod grass around and planting leyland cypresses as greenwall on one side. Then we will decide on the rest.

Yep, my stone bill to-date is $35K and I'm doing all the work. It included all the bluestone pavers, Wall material, 8 trucks of drain stone, 8 trucks of base stone, etc... It's MUCH MORE than I would have imagined. I too had a budget of $84K, up around $105K right now and have about $3K left of stone to finish it all up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.