Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Vinyl liner hole

1. Back To Top    #1

Vinyl liner hole

Greetings,

Just recently I notice a hole the size of a quarter on one of the corners of my pool, but the hole is above the water level. Since our season is soon to be over, I do not want to leave this be to open and find a even bigger hole, however I have no idea what to do about it. Can anyone here give me an idea on how to go about addressing this issue?

Thanks. Be well

Miriam
    20 x 44 in-ground vinyl
    Hayward Pro-Series High-rate sand filter (S310T)
    Nature2 Zodiac chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Vynil liner hole

It is pretty easy to find a "patching kit" either online or a pool store. The fix will be acceptable if you do it correctly and the problem will be solved if you can prevent it from happening again.....kids?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

How old is the liner?

The optimal thing to do is patch the inside and the outside of the hole. This may be easier for you to do once the water is lowered for closing.

Check out hole-in-vinyl-liner-how-to-repair-it-t6656.html for some tips on liner patching. If you need any help with this, just let us know.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Ina ll honesty I do not know how old the liner is. I know it is still has elasticity and all, but I do not think that this means much. We have been in this house for almost 4 years, so we know the liner is at least that old. I do have a piece of the liner that was left in the pool house. I now need to know which adhesive to use. Anyone here can give me some guidelines. I am in WI so the weather here is brutally cold. Our water now is about 77F. We are planning on having it closed late october/early november. However I want the patch done soon. We have a good supply store but I want to go there a bit more educated.
    Thanks for the help. Be well
    Miriam
    20 x 44 in-ground vinyl
    Hayward Pro-Series High-rate sand filter (S310T)
    Nature2 Zodiac chlorinator

5. Back To Top    #5

Miriam, it's GREAT that you have a piece of the liner to use (the patch won't show as badly)!

Please read the link I gave above, it'll tell you that Boxer 100 adhesive is ~ the best glue to use and give tips on applying the patch
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)