Inground Pool Pump Electrical Cost

dijomc

Sep 9, 2011
I have had my pool for over 15 years and it has become painfully necessary for me to attempt to derive a monthly cost of the electricity used by this pool pump. My best guesstimate, is at least $100.00 monthly. If anyone can offer any assistance it will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance! I am guessing you need to know the capacity, it is 33,000 gallon. The size of the pump is 2HP and I just replaced that pump this summer. Any further information, please let me know. Also, I live in TN and the pool is only open approximately 4 months annually.

Welcome to TFP!

It very much depends on how many hours a day you run the pump and what your electric rates are. $100 a month is quite plausible, but it could be significantly more or less than that depending.

By the by, texasdad offered a good link. Just keep in mind that the calculator texasdad pointed to does a fairly good job estimating costs for a single speed pump, but it can be wildly wrong estimating costs for running an IntelliFlo (which are much more difficult to predict than they imply, depending on a number of other factors, and only occasionally as low as they estimate).

need to add your total electrical costs including taxes and fees and such to one number for your kwh

volts of your pump x amps of your pump equals watts x hours of operation equals watt hours times your electrical kwh rating you got equals cost of use. assuming you have it on one set speed or a single speed for continuous electrical consumption keeping your numbers stable

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.