Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: closing pool

1. Back To Top    #1

closing pool

I think it maybe a waste of money for me to use an algecide when closing. Every spring I open the pool and its a swamp anyway.I have a mesh cover and it lets everything in.

Could I get away with just shocking it?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: closing pool

Reduce your filter time but keep it running. Wait till the water temp is below 60 and open before it gets to 60 in the Spring. Algae goes dormant. If leaves are falling before the temp drops, cover it but keep running it. When the temps do drop, then pull the cover and winterize.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

PoolGuy I wish u were closer to Passaic County, I need someone to help me with winterizing lines and balancing water before closing
    Free Form Gunite Saltwater Pool, 29,000 Gallons, Jandy DEL60 Filter, Jandy AquaPure 1400 Chlorinator, Polaris 380 Cleaner, Attached HotTub.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have a Dental visit at the end of the month in Patterson. PM me.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.