Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Hello all!

Just as you said a few months ago, my CYA has dropped from 65 to 45 due to splash out.

I would like to raise it to 50-55 using dichlor. Any general ideas how long i should switch to dichlor to get the CYA to 55?

I dont want to keep testing for CYA to save chemicals... I know i know I am being cheap here :mrgreen:

Thanks!

Use the Pool Calculator to figure out how many oz of dichlor it will take to get your CYA from where it is to where you want it. (I get 60 oz)

Then figure out how much dichor you need daily, as you test FC daily. (I get 10 oz volume for 2 FC added)

Keep track of the tally and at some point you will have used the total. (I get 6 days at 10 oz volume per day)

Go back to bleach for a week or two before testing the CYA, so that you are sure that it will show up on test. (But test is +/- 15 ppm accuracy so don't bother testing.)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.