Great forum and I just got the test kit today.
My pool (inground 15x30 approx 15000 gallons) was a green pond and was able to shock it with tons of liqued chlorine and now it is clear. I decided to run the tests are here are the results:
FC-22 (cause I shocked it recently)
Questions I have are:
1) I admit, I have used tricholor pucks in the skimmer to maintain chlorine levels and that is probably why my CYA is high. Should I drain some of the pool to get the CYA down or is 100 OK? If I do need to drain, how much should I drain? I dont plan on using pucks in the future and will shock with bleach instead of the liqued chlorine.
2) On the PH issue, should I wait to fix that once the chlorine levels do down the normal range? From the chart it looks like my FC should be 7-11 for 100 CYA pool?
Thanks for any advice