Leaking pool

Jeff74

Mar 10, 2010
Huntington, WV
Our AGP is in its 2nd season and we are getting ready to close. I notice there is a leak coming from the bottom ring. I was wondering what the policies and procedures for getting warranty help on getting it replaced are? What will the liner company require from me? Will they cover a busted seam or hole? Obviously I have yet to call the liner company as I am still trying to find my receipt and warranty card. Will they need the warranty card or just a receipt showing item and date of purchase? Thanks.

Seam yes. Hole no. If hole swim down and pach now while water is still warm enough. My liner seam split after 1 week installed and the online company i purchased pool from had me take pictures and email them the pics. They sent it right out. I had to pay for a new install and water though.

The bottom ring of the pool, I can see water coming out from under it. So, I have narrowed it down to what I think is the general area of the hole. The water is too cold to get in, but I am losing water fast. I may wait to see if the leak stops and then check the liner around the water level at that point, otherwise, I may be getting some scuba gear on and taking a dive with some food coloring. I really just wanted to know if they required anything other than the invoice as I do have access to that.

I was able to find the hole when I dived into sub 70 temperatures the other day. I used some red food coloring to find it and now it looks like there was a shark attack. The hole was about the size of a pea, not sure how it got there, but according to my experienced pool installer, the liner manufacturers usually will not help you if it is a hole and not a seam issue, they will simply call it user abuse and be done with it. Anyways, I patched it under water, retested it right away and it seemed to have stopped a bit. I refilled the pool to normal operating level, drew a line on my skimmer box with a sharpie of the water line. I have noticed in about 3 days that the water has dropped about 1/2". Do you think this is normal evaporation? It has been warmer here in the last couple of days (around 80), but at night it drops to around 50's. I will probably take advantage of this warmer weather and jump back in to retest with food coloring in a couple days, but for the most part I assume the water loss is due to evaporation. Thanks.

I ran the bucket test and just over about 18 hours it shows about the same amount of water leaving the pool as well as the bucket (about 1/2"), so that means it is evaporation. However, we have had temps in the 60s/70s and 50s at night and hardly any sun. My pool does not have any shade until late evening, but with those temps would the water still evaporate that quickly?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.