Possible Leak - Water Level Dropping More then Usual

May 9, 2011
I believe there may be an issue going on with the pool. We run our filter overnight and for the past 2 days I noticed the water level was lower then what it was the day before. So yesterday we ran a test - we filled the water level to the point it was supposed to be at last night - this morning when we woke up I would say it was a good 3/4 of a inch lower then it was the night before.

So my question is what could be some reasons or possibilities for this? Is there anything I can do proactively to begin eliminating possible things that could be wrong before I call in a professional?

All season everything went off without a hitch and now getting down to the end we are noticing this!!!

Thank you in advance for any guidance.

Run the bucket test to see exactly how much is evaporation and how much is leakage. Once you've done that run it again with the pump on or off (which ever is opposite the initial test) and see if there's a difference. After that, plug the inlets and outlets in the pool and see if that makes a difference.

It would be nice if you'd add your info to your sig so we can see what type of pool and equipment you have.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.