I'm still a newbie and I'm doing pretty good with the BBB method if the weather is nice and we use the pool. A couple times in Aug and Sept we had highs of only 60 and rain for several days and the pool was neglected.
So yesterday when I pulled the solar cover off this is what I found:
Water clear with green stuff (algae?) settled on the bottom
I vacuumed the pool and it turned a bit cloudy. Added dry acid to bring ph down to 7.3 (haven't rechecked since FC is high) Added enough bleach to get
FC 13 at last check
Water still slightly greenish cloudy
Now I assumed that if I had an algae problem I would loose more FC overnight and I should have a cc reading as well. How long should I hold the water at shock level?
The water temp is down to 70F and we might not keep the pool open much longer.