Best day this year!

Richard320

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 6, 2010
San Dimas, CA (LA County)
My pool has hit it's maximum temperature for the year - 84F. About 95F outside with full sun and blue skies.

The water is crystal clear and sparkly.

I ran a full set of tests and I don't need to add anything. It could use a minor vacuuming - every blade of grass is visible where it sits on the bottoim.

It's taken me to the end of Summer to have it this good. I pity those people who are already talking about closing.

I'm with ya. Sticking it out here too. School started, summer arrived. The warnings to check the elderly and pets has been issued. The forests are on fire. The sun is low, my pool is mostly shaded till noon.

It's finally hot and water is still 74 or less. Wah!

My son brought three skanky 11 year olds over after school. I lost an extra 1.5ppm today. Not sure those boys bathe much...

I'm going for a few more weeks if I can. Delends on the weather and leaves. Water wil never get hot with the sun so low. Big trees in the way.

After getting tons of rain from tropical storm Lee, the pool temp is now 76 degrees, held somewhat by the solar cover. The sun came out for a short time yesterday afternoon and brought so much heat with it along with the humidity that I couldn't help myself but to jump in. Aaaaahhhhh, so refreshing. Since the next several days are going to be reasonably warm, I'll run the heat pump and enjoy. If it feels too chilly, I'll wear my thermal swimwear . . I plan on milking every day of summer that I can.

In the past, September 21 was always the approximate day that we would close due to temperatures not being desirable enough to swim in anymore; however for the past two years we've been able to swim beyond that. I'm curious to see what this year brings compared to last year - I swam on September 30 without freezing last year then gave it up after that.

Richard320 said:
84F. About 95F outside with full sun and blue skies.

:hammer: I need to move!

Last week was around 100 for four days, from here on out though it will be averaging a high of 75 and lows of 55. Think I will save my gas $ for spring! :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.