Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Cooling Towers

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Cooling Towers

Well this season is over for the cooling towers, I think? Pool water is now down to 77*! After 68 days of 100+ this summer it finally cooled off the last few days and I forgot to take the towers out so the water got down to 82* before the ladies in house said no more ! But I wanted to see how low I could get it! So the last 2 days got into the low 60's at night and almost no humidity so it would be perfect test weather! Well after running the last 2 nights we got to 74* and I think by today could have been colder but now nobody wants in, so they came out yesterday morning! It's sure is nice getting into a pool in the mid 80's when it's 110* outside! Now if I could just get them to HEAT I could swim the rest of the year!!
    40'x19' IG Diamond Brite 29K 4' Waterfall/Dive Rock FNS60 DE 2x2hp Whisperflo pumps Aqualogic(P4) SWG TF100 Tester

Pool School, Pool Calculator,TFTestKits,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Cooling Towers

I imagine that to keep my pool at 85+ it would cost over $500/mo since it's now averaging low 50s overnight But I could be wrong.
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]