Heathkit Wireless Pool Monitor

OMG, my dad still uses his Heathkit stereo/receiver and the speakers he made I believe in 1973. Then he bought Dark Side of the Moon just to test it out with. I am sure he never listened to any other song than Speak to Me. He would make me run from speaker to speaker just to hear the "differences". Dad was more of an Engelbert Humperdink kind of guy...

I got a cool vinyl album with posters out of the deal though. Shhh... he doesn't remember I stole it.

We had one kit that you could make about anything out of. I was only two... I just remember the nuclear sign on it and we made little motors and other weird stuff.

I had no idea Heathkit was still around at all. There are plenty of technical people out there now, I think many would take the time to build electronics if it meant saving some money and/or better quality. I do think it's odd that one of the kits they're starting off with is a pool monitor. Who asked for that? lol

I still use a GC-1005 LED digital alarm clock I made in sixth grade around 1965. It still works perfectly, having followed me to Brazil and back. I also built a couple of receivers that died along the way in various ways, including theft and flood. Welcome back!

images

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.