Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heathkit Wireless Pool Monitor

1. Back To Top    #1
    Schnecksville, PA

Heathkit Wireless Pool Monitor

I will believe it when I see it, but I have fond memories of Heathkit projects. ... oming-Back
    20'x40' / 30,000 Gal / In Ground / Vinyl
    Pentair FNS 48 DE Filter / Pentair Challenger 1.5 HP Pump
    Jandy Lite2 400k BTU Propane Heater / Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TF-100 Test Kit / BBB
    Creator of SimplePool (BBB Friendly Android App)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Heathkit Wireless Pool Monitor

OMG, my dad still uses his Heathkit stereo/receiver and the speakers he made I believe in 1973. Then he bought Dark Side of the Moon just to test it out with. I am sure he never listened to any other song than Speak to Me. He would make me run from speaker to speaker just to hear the "differences". Dad was more of an Engelbert Humperdink kind of guy...

I got a cool vinyl album with posters out of the deal though. Shhh... he doesn't remember I stole it.

We had one kit that you could make about anything out of. I was only two... I just remember the nuclear sign on it and we made little motors and other weird stuff.

I had no idea Heathkit was still around at all. There are plenty of technical people out there now, I think many would take the time to build electronics if it meant saving some money and/or better quality. I do think it's odd that one of the kits they're starting off with is a pool monitor. Who asked for that? lol
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

New Jersey

Re: Heathkit Wireless Pool Monitor

I still use a GC-1005 LED digital alarm clock I made in sixth grade around 1965. It still works perfectly, having followed me to Brazil and back. I also built a couple of receivers that died along the way in various ways, including theft and flood. Welcome back!

Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.