Testing Salt Level

Strom

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 18, 2009
Greenwood, Indiana
I have purchased the CircuPool RJ-30 SWG. Looking around the forum, I can't locate the preferred method for testing the salt level. I use the Taylor 2006 kit. Their site has a reagent test but the price is a bit salty. What do you recommend?

Since 3 years I personally use an electronic TDS meter Hanna HI96302 with excellent results.

From time to time I check his precision by preparing a solution of 3,5 g of salt in a liter of distilled water and checking that the meter shows the expected value, 3500 in my case (sorry for the measure units, We are in Europe) but I never had to tune it up again in this 3 years periods.

The first time I recommend to test a sample of water to see how many other minerals it contains because the TDS (Total Dissolved Solids) measure all the minerals, not only the salt, then I add this value to the wanted salt level, for instance if the fresh water has 50ppm reading, then my target should be 3550.

So far so good .....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.