Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: water flow cross?

1. Back To Top    #1

water flow cross?

I was told that the pipe fittings from the two inlets to the pump need to be perfectly or the pipes will cross and if that happens everything is shot .. can someone explain this to me im not really understanding this .. crossing factor .. I know all plumping should be set correctly .. IM just wondering what this crossing is .. I would assume that even if the connection was a bit off it would leak and get some air in it but .. "cross"? .. the water should still be sucked from the same pipe in the same direction .. but im not an expert
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: water flow cross?

Are they talking about crossing threads in the pipe joins?
    90k litres, outdoor in ground pool, concrete, painted (I hate paint)
    Sta-Rite 5P2R 1.5 Hp pump, undersized sand filter (needs upgrading).

3. Back To Top    #3

what is crossing threads?
    21X41, 30,000, ig, vinyl,48sf de, 1hp hayward super pump, 2" piping, 2 skimmers, 1 main inlet, 2 return, built in 1988, no enclosure, lots of trees around, direct sun. Thanks in advance to all who have answered my questions.

4. Back To Top    #4

Cross threaded maybe ?

yes - that is a bad thing - if you are using threaded pipe connections - make sure you are tightening them the correct direction.
    16x32 IG 19,000 gallons, Pentair 1.5 hp Energy Efficient Superflo pump (348024),vinyl liner, Chlorine dispenser, Hayward S-244T sand filter