Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: storm damage

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Jersey

storm damage

My beautiful pool was damaged during Hurricaine Irene when a tree fell on it. The installer says it can't be repaired and needs to be replaced. I am waiting to see it the insurance company will cover the cost.
    This is the pool before:[attachment=2:2qfyqhvo]pool 1.jpg[/attachment:2qfyqhvo][attachment=1:2qfyqhvo]pool 2.jpg[/attachment:2qfyqhvo]
    and this is after: [attachment=0:2qfyqhvo]storm damage 1.jpg[/attachment:2qfyqhvo]
    Attached Images Attached Images

15K Gal, 18 x 33 AG oval, 1 1/2 HP Proline Pump, 22" sand filter, Auto chlorinator, Pool Rover JR.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: storm damage

That is a shame! So sorry about your beautiful pool! I hope you have a low deductible.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Twin Cities, MN

Sorry to see that Carneymom. It looks like it was a great pool!
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Walnut Creek CA

Hope they sort you out with a shiny new one!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Sault Ontario

Ouch! That was a great looking pool, I'd be upset if I lost that, I hope you rebuild even better, perhaps it's great opportunity to do some upgrades you may have secretly thought about.
    The older I get the less and less I like tree's on my property, when they fall they are just too dangerous.
    20' X 54" Sharkline Matrix Resin AGP, 9400 Gallons, Sta-Rite 1 HP Dynamo Pump, 150 lb Pentair Sand Filter, Gorilla Pad,
    Foam Cove, Taylor K-2006 kit, BBB method, 8'X20' Fafco Sunsaver Hard Plumb, DIY Fountain, Margarittaville Fiji

My Build: one-man-one-pool-and-one-deck-agp-pics-t37172.html
    My Build 'To-Do' List for other DIY'ers: my-pool-build-list-t40249.html?hilit=list