Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What are these?

1. Back To Top    #1

What are these?

Today they sprayed gunite. I sent my husband pictures and posted them in our pool thread. We can't figure out what these are for...

Any ideas?
    Built in 2011, 23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 5 jets, 3 tier fountain and 5 tier cascading waterfall into pool ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 997 sq ft exposed aggregate decking Our pool build

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: What are these?

bubblers or some kind of water feature in the tanning ledge and weeping holes in the floor to allow water to pass through(these get filled in prior to plaster)

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    bubblers or some kind of water feature in the tanning ledge and weeping holes in the floor to allow water to pass through(these get filled in prior to plaster)
    We have a bubbler and umbrella holder in the tanning ledge (the PVC pipes) but I still can't figure out what the cut-out in the gunite (in the coping) is for? Thank you for the information on the weeping holes. Do they fill them in with gunite?
    Built in 2011, 23x34' IG freeform play pool (18,850 gallon) ~ 7' spa raised 18" with 5 jets, 3 tier fountain and 5 tier cascading waterfall into pool ~ IntelliChlor SCG ~ Pentair Intelligent VS-3050 variable speed pump ~ Clean and Clear 420 cartridge filter ~ Easy touch controller ~ Blue Granite Pebble Sheen ~ Intellibrite LEDs ~ Turbo twister slide ~ 8x8 flagstone tanning ledge with umbrella sleeve and bubbler ~ In-pool flagstone table with umbrella sleeve ~ 997 sq ft exposed aggregate decking Our pool build

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey's Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by DBfan187
    We have a bubbler and umbrella holder in the tanning ledge (the PVC pipes) but I still can't figure out what the cut-out in the gunite (in the coping) is for? Thank you for the information on the weeping holes. Do they fill them in with gunite?
    No they get filled with plaster while they do the pool finish.
    15x30 free form (10,500 gal) SWG
    Gunite, Game depth 3.5-5-4 ft, 1 hp Sta-Rite Super Max 2 speed pump, 53' Sta-Rite system 3 DE filter
    Pentair Intellibrite LED
    Pentair 125k BTU ultra temp heat pump,
    Screen Enclosure
    TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I think the notch you're pointing at on the tanning ledge is for an overflow drain.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by fyton2v
    I think the notch you're pointing at on the tanning ledge is for an overflow drain.
    That explains it, thank you

7. Back To Top    #7

Monkey's Mom, can i ask who built your pool here in north fort worth?
    17,800 gallons, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge Filter, Inground, Blue Granite Pebblesheen Interior, Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050 Pool and Spa pump, Pentair Whisperflo 2HP Water Feature pump, Pentair .75 HP Booster Pump for Pentair Legend pool cleaner, Pentair EasyTouch 8-function remote, Pentair IntelliChlor SWG.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by ajones02
    Monkey's Mom, can i ask who built your pool here in north fort worth?
    It is Paul Miller Custom Pools