Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE Filter Question

1. Back To Top    #1

DE Filter Question

Hi All,

We just bought a house which has a pool with a DE filter. I suspect that it has been quite some time since the filter has been cleaned and want to get it done soon. The problem is that I do not know the maker/model number of the filter, the label is not readable. However I did find a serial number, 187898. I have done some Google searches but cannot locate anything related to the this number.

So, my questions are:

1. How do I determine how much DE to purchase for the filter?
    2. How do I determine the maker and model of this filter?

Thanks, in advance for any thoughts/suggestions!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25K Vinyl, deep ender with board Pentair Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump II, Coverstar Cover, Hawyard H200 Heater, 12 years of fun in the pool!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DE Filter Question

I would take a picture of the whole filter and post it. Someone may recognize it.

My label was unreadable as well; I found the make and the series, but not which of 4 possibilities it was. But I found a manual online, and after I opened the filter I was able to measure the height of the screens and figure out the model from the parts list. I hope you are as lucky.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello, attached are three pictures of my filter, hoping that someone recognizes it and can provide more information. I apologize for the quality.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    25K Vinyl, deep ender with board Pentair Sand Filter, Hayward Super Pump II, Coverstar Cover, Hawyard H200 Heater, 12 years of fun in the pool!

4. Back To Top    #4

Rough guesstimate: 7 lbs.
    Julie
    I have a small (3,750 gallon) in-ground, Viking pool - 2hp Jandy pump, AquaPure 700 Cholorinator, Jandy Aqualink, and Jandy CJ250 filter