Time to Close?

Mar 19, 2011
Cave City, KY
Well the weather has definitely cooled off here. So what do you think, time to close the pool? I don't usually get home till after 6:00pm and the sun is mostly down by then. Check out the temp drop. :shock: It is not supposed to hit 80 outside for at least a week.

datachart3d.gif

BBBliever said:
Keep it open until the water is below 60, then algae growth is slowed. Maybe a warm spell will come through and you can use it a few more days.
It seems like Septembers here are either very hot or on the cool side. This year looks like it is shaping up to be a cool one. Keeping it open to fight algae sounds like a good idea, but I think only one or maybe 2 more swimming days if lucky.
linen said:
I love your data :cheers: What are you using to log it, etc.? I am having trouble keeping close to 80 with my solar now :cry:
The software is used for my personal weather station Cave Country Weather. It is called Weather Display and has many features. I added the pool temp sensor this year and been able to watch how the sun and air temp affect the pool temp. I linked to it in this thread so it should up date as time goes by.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.