Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Time to Close?

1. Back To Top    #1

Time to Close?

Well the weather has definitely cooled off here. So what do you think, time to close the pool? I don't usually get home till after 6:00pm and the sun is mostly down by then. Check out the temp drop. It is not supposed to hit 80 outside for at least a week.

30' Diameter Above Ground Pool, 20,100 gallon,
    Sand Filter, 1.5 hp Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Time to Close?

Keep it open untill the water is below 60, then algae growth is slowed. Maybe a warm spell will come through and you can use it a few more days.
    3500 gallon 14x42 Intex Ultra Frame
    1/2 HP Intex 1600 sand filter/pump - Intex SWCG
    Two 4x20 Fafco solar panels.
    Taylor K-2006
    Marquis spirit hot tub - Grill Dome ceramic grill/smoker

3. Back To Top    #3

I love your data What are you using to log it, etc.? I am having trouble keeping close to 80 with my solar now
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by BBBliever
    Keep it open until the water is below 60, then algae growth is slowed. Maybe a warm spell will come through and you can use it a few more days.
    It seems like Septembers here are either very hot or on the cool side. This year looks like it is shaping up to be a cool one. Keeping it open to fight algae sounds like a good idea, but I think only one or maybe 2 more swimming days if lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by linen
    I love your data What are you using to log it, etc.? I am having trouble keeping close to 80 with my solar now
    The software is used for my personal weather station Cave Country Weather. It is called Weather Display and has many features. I added the pool temp sensor this year and been able to watch how the sun and air temp affect the pool temp. I linked to it in this thread so it should up date as time goes by.
    30' Diameter Above Ground Pool, 20,100 gallon,
    Sand Filter, 1.5 hp Pump