Using Water Bags On Loop Loc Safety Cover?

NullQwerty

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 23, 2008
Hey folks,

I have a mesh safety cover from Loop Loc for my in-ground 18x36 pool. At the end of last season I put in a new stone patio around the pool, but haven't yet re-installed the anchors to attach the cover to the ground. I've got a lot going on right now and don't plan to put the anchors in this season. I'd still like to have a cover for the winter though (however in this case it won't be for safety, but rather for cleaner/easier opening). Any reason why I couldn't purchase those water bags and use it with my cover? Should be fine, right?

Thanks!

I don't think it will work. A Loop-Loc isn't big enough to be used like a standard cover. The cover needs to lay down on the water, and then up the pool wall and still have enough remaining fabric for the water bags to sit on. Unless yours was made longer than normal, it isn't going to work. The weight of the wet cover will drag it into the pool.

Alright...thanks guys. I'll make a decision then...install the anchors or buy a winter cover. I'm so hesitant to drill 20 holes in the new stone patio. But of course the safety factor is there.

Thanks again

Rent a good sized hammer drill and a 3/4" bit. A Hilti TE 46 up to a TE 70 is ideal. If you're buying a drill, a Bosch Bulldog is relatively reasonably priced.

Use new anchors.

Try to stay out of the grout lines. They won't hold the anchor casing well.

Scott

If the stones are loose set, then you need the anchor-in-pipe system.

Instead of using a hammer drill, you might want to use a diamond bit hole saw (core drill) to reduce the risk of cracking the stones.

Alternatively, you could put stakes outside of the deck and extend the straps if there is somewhere outside of the deck to put the anchors.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.