Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Noisy pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Noisy pump

Is there anything I can do about a noisy filter? I was unable to clean the pool last week and it's got some green on the bottom so I've been running the filter all day. It seems the gauge is shaking some and making a bit of noise and I hate to be a bad neighbor. I tighten the gauge again each time I clean the filter but it just goes loose again and makes for a loud buzzing sound. I hate noise pollution so I'm annoyed that I'm a source of it. Any ideas?
    18k gallon (24ft round AG)
    Hayward CC1500 100gpm cartridge
    Victorville, CA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Noisy pump

Are you saying it's the pressure gauge on the filter making the noise? If so you can buy a new glycerin filled gauge for about $10.
    10,800 gallons Gunite/Plaster
    Hayward 244t 24" Sand Filter with Zeo
    1 1/2 HP Challenger
    Digital Pool Pilot DIG-220 SC-48
    Located in NOLA

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Exeter, PA

is it possible you could upload a video? I want to say most noises come from the pump.
    X-Pert Pool Service
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

4. Back To Top    #4
    Portland, Oregon

Are you also shocking?
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.