Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Building my own pool - need sub contractors

1. Back To Top    #1

Building my own pool - need sub contractors

I am new to the website, thanks. I am building my own pool and will act as the general contractor. I live 30 minutes north of Dallas, Tx. I am in the home construction/remodel business and have access to plenty of subs for this type of work but I don't have any access to swimming pool subs. I have looked on the internet but the only ones I seem to be able to find are the plaster companies. Can anyone recommend any pool subs that work in the North Texas area? I have a pool designer drawing up the plans now and he can recommend the subs he uses but I would like to be able to have some comparisons. I am building a 25K gallon pool (approx) with a hot tub. I have already bought most of the equipment (heater, salt water system, variable speed pump, booster pump and DE Filter). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dave

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Building my own pool - need sub contractors

Welcome to TFP!
    I know we have members in Dallas, but I don't remember seeing any mention of specific subs used, and no owner-builders that I can recall.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden