Solar cover to Hawaii?

LauleaHere&There

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2010
Rural Moloka'i, Hawai'i
I'm having a devil of a time getting someone to ship a solar cover to Hawaii. Most of them won't tell you until the checkout phase, when you go to select your state--they don't even have an entry for Hawaii. I have written to Doheny's to ask for a real-price shipping quote. They don't even respond.

Anybody have any ideas? It shouldn't be so hard--a 12' round cover shouldn't be that expensive to ship.

Thanks.

Thanks, James. I have seen several of these--they are mostly pool services. None of them have a catalog. But you're right. If I contact them, I may be able to get them to order something for me. I have also looked at Sears, which will deliver here, but they carry only the 8mil blue covers--good for a year and not so effective.

What about a Mail Forwarding service? I just googled it and here's the first one that mentioned packages http://www.usabox.com/ I'm sure there are others that can handle heavier stuff.

Get a good cover shipped to them, they stick a new label on it, and UPS it to you.

Done.

Edit: This may be a better choice http://www.alohafreight.com/ I just googled "freight forwarding hawaii" and got lots of hits

Have had the same problem, but finally found a mainland outfit that ships to Hawaii via UPS Ground, with no hassle - just order in the usual way. Their website is familypoolfun.com. I just ordered a 24' X 40' blue pool cover ($157.95) and a 16' Solar Guard in-ground solar reel ($157.95). With shipping and handling, the total was $484.45. This is a real bargain compared to what is charged if you go thru a pool dealer in Hawaii, where the middleman has large markups. Hope this helps.

LauleaHere&There said:
but they carry only the 8mil blue covers--good for a year and not so effective.
Why do you say that? I have had both blue 8 mil and clear 12 mil and they both lasted about the same amount of time (2 seasons) and were equally effective.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.