Seacoast, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I think I got a bad batch of salt test strips. I bought them at the beginning to the summer and all along it seemed like they were recording the salt level lower than I expected, but the pool has been looking great so I figured it was me. After hurricane Irene, the salt was 2500 which didn't really surprise me since we had to drain some water. We added 40lbs of salt yesterday.

This morning I opened a new pack of test strips and the salt measures at 4290. Ugh.

Do I need to replace water or is it ok to leave it as is given that we will be closing the pool in about 3 weeks and our salt level always drops dramatically over the winter.

Thanks.

What salt range does your SWG specify? What reading does your SWG show?

You should have the salt level tested with a calibrated meter or drop test kit (titration for chloride) before deciding what to do.

The range specified is 3000 to 4200 with ideal at 3400. So I guess I have answered my own question. I hadn't read the manual in a while and all I was thinking of was the 3400.

The swg doesn't list a reading, just low, check, and ok.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.