Wall liner floating from ground water. What to do?

jsw5620

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 30, 2011
Pike Road, AL
Due to all of the rain tropical storm Lee has dropped, I now have water behind the liner on my walls. It doesn't appear too bad at this point. It is worse is one of the corners in the shallow end. Floors look good. It appears to start mostly at the water level and goes down about a foot below water level being a small bulge of about an inch. Corners are a little worse. Should I do anything or will it go back on its own? There is a well built under the pool and I have pumped it out a few minutes ago. Liner is about 4 months old. Here are some pics I just took. There seems to be a lot of water behind the liner on the walls from what I can tell by looking and touching the liner.

bbde2d7d.jpg

0953745a.jpg

8991ed65.jpg

e7c01d30.jpg

As the ground water recedes your liner will fall back into place, but you may have some wrinkling. Some of the pool service guys can give a little more information on dealing with the wrinkles.

I kinda figured it would go back to normal on its own, but didn't know if I should do anything in the meantime. The wrinkles are really what I am concerned about. I really would like to minimize or end up with none if at all possible. I'd hate to have a wrinkled up 4 month old liner.

I guess I need to start draining the well more after it rains.
You need to do that during the rains rather than after. Use that pump as a preventative. If you wait until the rains have stopped you will likely float the liner again and, sooner or later, it will not go back in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.