Robot Advice!!!

Sep 5, 2011
Wow, there is a lot of information on which robot to buy , but it is all so conflicting. Will give my facts and see what everyone things. I have a 40 year old gunite pool, 25x50, in floor cleaning system, in a wooded area so get fair amount of leaves but not sticks. I am worried about getting a robot that will clean such a big pool and also micro filter the water (we have algae problems being in the woods). Also, the pool only has 1 return, so additional filtration is a plus. My pool walls are rounded where they meet my pool floor, which I know is helpful w/ robots to make the climb. No special zero entry or ledges, just 3 simple steps at one end. Need something that can cope w/ in floor cleaning system. Please help!

We have a Nitro Wall Climber and it works wonders in our 16 X 40 freeform fiberglass pool. We have posted a review on Amazon and also have posted about it here on tfp. There was a thread on here that had reviews from many users about which robot they used and its pros and cons. You may be able to locate it with a search. You can also search our posts for our review of the Nitro if you wish. Bottom line, the product has performed as advertised for us and when we needed warranty service Smart Pool treated us well. Highly recommend this model and would buy again if we needed a new one.

(we have algae problems being in the woods).
Welcome to the forum :lol: Just a little off the subject but there is not a cleaner made that will solve your algae problems. Water management (adequate chlorine) will be needed.

The cleaner will only pick up dirt and debris and should never be thought of as a weapon against algae.

We have the nitro as well. Not sure it does the best for leaves, but none I've seen can beat manual vacuuming anyways. For dirt and algae it works great.

Our Nitro actually handles leaves, twigs, acorns, sand, dead frogs/lizards, small children?!?!, bugs, rocks, dead algae, etc just fine and as advertised. OK, just kidding about the small children, but it has cleaned up all of the other listed items and probably a few others that we can't remember right now. We did have issues with the first one we bought, but Smart Pool covered it under warranty and gave us a replacement free. They even covered return shipping. So in the end it all worked out well for us. There are probably many others out there that perform as well and some may even be better. You'll probably hear the goods and bads from those owners as well. The Nitro Wall Climber (NC-51 model) is the only robot we have experience with so far so it is all we can offer advice on. It is simple to use and easy to clean. You can buy each part individually for repairs after the warranty runs out and there are "how to" videos on the site that show you how to change out parts when performing DIY repairs. The only tool needed is a phillips screwdriver. We did lots of research and read mostly positive reviews on the Nitro. The ability to fix it ourselves was also a big plus in making our choice. We receive no compensation from Smart Pool, we're just everyday customers who are very happy with the product. Whatever you choose, best of luck to you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.