Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: inlet cover on pool steps

1. Back To Top    #1

inlet cover on pool steps

I have an inground pool and I'm trying to change the rubber gasket on the inlet valve in the pool steps! I removed the eyelet part but can't get the cover off! The inside turns too! How does this thing come apart without turning? Thanks, Rodcard.
    21,000 gal In Ground Plaster pool; Nautilus FNS 60 DE filter; WhisperFlo WFE-6 pump; Polaris booster pump and pool cleaner;Rainbow Lifegard HiFlow Chlorine Feeder (not in use); Purex Triton pool light;Hatteras spa light; Intermatic model PF122T Freeze Sentry pump controller; Sta-Rite U-3 Skimmer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: inlet cover on pool steps

You don't want to hear this but if you're talking about the eyeball fittings you can't change the gaskets from one side only. You have to get to the backside to unscrew the nut. If you've already turned the fitting you've probably ruined the seal and now I see digging in your future.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: inlet cover on pool steps

That's the one I'm talking about! The repairman is on the way! Thanks
    21,000 gal In Ground Plaster pool; Nautilus FNS 60 DE filter; WhisperFlo WFE-6 pump; Polaris booster pump and pool cleaner;Rainbow Lifegard HiFlow Chlorine Feeder (not in use); Purex Triton pool light;Hatteras spa light; Intermatic model PF122T Freeze Sentry pump controller; Sta-Rite U-3 Skimmer.