Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: R-0870 Scoop

1. Back To Top    #1

R-0870 Scoop

I purchased the reagents 870 & 871 from tftestkits.net but there were no instructions with it and I don't have a scoop. What is the measurement of the scoop? Maybe I can improvise!

Thanks,
    Sirena~
    Phoenix, AZ
    35-40K gals; Sand Filter; In Ground; Plaster; Sta-Rite System3 130 GMP.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: R-0870 Scoop

Its really small, its like 1/4 the size of a pencil eraser. Like a 1/16th of a teaspoon. totally guessing on the amount but it's small. You can see a picture of the blue scoop on the home page at TFTestkits.net. The flat end is the handle, the little circle part the scoop.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

TF testkits says this:

This 10 gram jar contains enough for about 25-30 tests.
    http://tftestkits.net/R-0870-DPD-Powder ... 6-p43.html
    That should give you a rough idea of the amount per test. Here is a picture:

4. Back To Top    #4

Did you also order R-0003? Without it, you can not test for total chlorine and combined chlorine.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks! I already have plenty of R-0003 in the kit purchased from Leslie's. I'd asked for the Taylor K-2006 but was sold a lesser one which didn't have the 870 & 871.
    Sirena~
    Phoenix, AZ

6. Back To Top    #6

The container in this picture is not the same as the picture related to the quote. This one contains more than 10g, correct?
    Sirena~
    Phoenix, AZ

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by sirena
    The container in this picture is not the same as the picture related to the quote. This one contains more than 10g, correct?
    The R-0870 in the picture is the 10 gram size. Here is a picture of the whole kit for a better size reference.