Makes me sad :(

Jun 21, 2011
Tecumseh, OK
Well we didn't get any rain but the 100 degree temps have left us here in central okla. With that said and all the fun of trying to LOWER the water temp all summer it took mother nature all of one day to drop the water temp down 12 degrees! :grrrr: woke up this morning to 73 degree pool water!! Granted it is an above ground pool so air temps will affect it more but seriously, 73!!!! :cry:

Wellllllllll.................my pool clocked in at 84 for the party yesterday, which was 3 degrees cooler than the Memorial Day opening pool bash. Who'd have thunk it after the summer we've had? 40 MPH gusts all day long too.

And that 40mph winds all day blew not only the deck furniture into the pool but also tons of other debris (leaves, dirt, pieces of leaves, bugs, sticks) and with it being so dry everything seems to be now covered in a layer of grit. And of course no rain in sight still. Ugh :( back to watering I go...

ya me & my son went jetskiing at Skiatook lake yesterday. I did ok, but my son was shivering and had goose bumps. Our IG is probably warmer than the outside temp, but because the outside temp has come down, the pool seems cooler. I think the temp is gradually going to come up this week, but not by much.

I'm kinda glad that we got a break from the triple digits. Won't hurt so bad to pay the electric bill now. Besides, when it cools off, that means that football season is upon us. Yippee!

looks like the 16th-19th will be above 80 and get close to 90, so hopefully we can get one more good weekend before it's time to close. I'm just shocked at how fast the temperature changed. We went from 100+ thurs-sat (70s overnight) to a cool 80 on sunday and now low 70s, last night got down to 49! it's cool enough to open doors and windows and keep the inside temp around 70-72 all day.

Well it dropped to 70 this morning and it's currently 66 outside now. Calling for 90's early next week so we can only hope it'll rebound and warm up before we really have to think about closing! For us here we started out our college season strong with a win, Yay sooners!! Lol awaiting this Sunday for Sunday ticket :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.