Chlorinator off - Low temperature

Sep 5, 2011
I'm not sure what to do here. Hope you can help.
I had a service tech out a few weeks ago and he told me that the chlorinator was shot, and the controller was too. I got both of them on line, and replaced them myseld instead of the exorbidant charges they wanted for the parts.
Problem is, now the system indicates "Chlorinator Off - Low Temperature". But I'm certain the water is not cold - this is florida in September. Water is 80+. I checked the fuse and it's good.
Its a Hayward PS-4 system with a T-Cell-15 chlorine generator.
Any ideas would be most appreciated!

My guess is something was left unplugged or there's a loose connection or the wires to the sensors were installed in the wrong slot.

There's an old saying amongst mechanics that is appropriate here: The last thing you worked on is the first thing that breaks.

SRITTHAM... I know it's a year later, but I have the same exact system PS-4, having the same problem and I live in FL, bought new T-15 turbo cell and changed the water temperature sensor and still reading "chlorinator off low temperature", I think the cell has a build in temperature sensor because the diagnostic menu showing "Cell temperature 31 degree".
Did you find out what was the problem?
Thank you in advance.

Hi, it's reading in Fahrenheit, "Cell temp sensor 29 F"(todays reading), and salt reading stuck at 2600 even though it's around 3100(checked it at a local pool shop).
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Thx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Kgriggs, I had to change the motherboard, I bought it off Amazon and did the work myself, first you need to check the chlorinator cell, If the cell is working than most likely the motherboard is bad.
I'm not an electrician but what I did is I put the new board right next to the old one while still hooked up(make sure the power is off) and removed each wire at a time and plugged it in in the new one, one by one.
When done I removed the old bad board out of it's housing and screwed in the new board, thank God I had enough wires length to do so, and you need to reprogram the system, local shop was going to charge me
around $800 for the job, I think I paid close to $400 for the board and installed it myself. let me know if you have any questions....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.