Can you help with details about a rectangular Intex?

crek31

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2009
I am contemplating getting a 16 x 32 Intex pool for next year. I'd like to buy now and also prep the site now. Can anyone answer these questions to help me with some decisions:

1. What length and width is the footprint including the supports at their widest/longest point, when the pool is full? I'm thinking of pouring a cement pad with a raised lip around it, so I need to be sure I allow enough room (but don't want to greatly oversize it either).

2. How much extra pad should I pour to accommodate a ladder?

3. I've seen threads on here of people saying as it fills, the walls seem like they are leaning in, but when it is full they are pushed out straight. Ideally, I'd only fill the pool to about 38 to 40 inches for the first year. I have underfilled the round Intex pools by a 15" or so and been fine, but I'm wondering if these rectangular pools are equally sound when underfilled. Ayone have input on safety of these rectangles when underfilled by a foot? Will the walls be pushed out straight enough by then? Are there other concerns?

Thanks, and Happy Swimming to anyone lucky enough to still have warm water :-D

We just put up the 16 x 32 rectangular Intex pool. The measurements are are pretty much what they show. with the legs extended 17'10" x 34'. on there site http://faq.intexstore.com/faqsup/pub/FaqSupportServlet?action=openFaq&qid=354&frmcontact=

As for only filling up partially I would recommend against it. We had to fill our's up with our well which took about 4 days, and up until the last day with the last 5-10" of water went in the long side rails looked as if they were going to break in half.

Thanks for the help with dimensions. Too bad on the not being able to underfill that style. I guess I'll keep my round one for at least another year since it does just fine, even when filled below the return (except for ever-rising pH).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.