Solar Covers and size

Jan 7, 2011
North Texas
I am about to finally get around to getting a solar cover and I have a few questions. I know that the reel is recommended, but I have a few issues with that and wanted to get input on what I am thinking. The reel would 1) be too hard for my hubby with herniated disc to do on his own, and 2) I worry about the dogs falling in and getting caught. I was thinking about cutting it up in large squares that would still cover a majority of the pool and would be easier to remove AND if a dog feel in, there would not be the worry of getting tangled up and drowning.
Thoughts?? Thanks!
B

It would work, but I think you'll be surprised how heavy a wet section will be. If you can put the reel at the end of the pool, you can put wheels on it and just roll it out of the way. That would be less effort than lifting a reel or cover.

I don't think it will be a huge safety improvement either for the dogs, although it might give them a chance to get between the sections and swim. I swam under my cover a few years ago just to see what it was like, and I was amazed at the way the cover sticks to the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.