Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Here is my Aeration Technique (Air Compressor)

1. Back To Top    #1

Here is my Aeration Technique (Air Compressor)

Okay, my PH and TA have been high as I said in a previous post. Today my PH was 7.8 and TA was 120.
    I added roughly 1 gallon of MA and waited a couple of hours to re-test. At re-test my PH was down to 7.0. Here is where the aeration begins.
    What you will need:
    1 air compressor, 1 air hose, 1 air chuck, 1 ratchet strap, 1 long rope or extendable dog leash.
    Step 1
    Get a large brick, secure your air chuck to the brick (I used a ratchet strap and zip ties), connect a dog leash or rope to the eyelet of the ratchet strap.

Step 2
    Connect air hose to air compressor and air chuck.
    Step 3
    Using the dog leash carefully lower the brick to the deepest point of the pool. Be very careful not to damage your plaster with the brick. Try to keep your air chuck from pointing down to the plaster, compressed air can cause serious damage.
    Step 4
    Watch it bubble

Not sure how well it will work, I will re-test tonight and post the results.
    Taylor FAS DPD test kit. 30k gal salt in-ground plaster pool. CircuPool RJ45. Cartridge Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Here is my Aeration Technique (Air Compressor)

Sorry took a few tries to get the pictures to work.. I ran the compressor for 1 hour today and the PH moved from 7.0 to 7.2.
    I will run it for another hour tomorrow and update.
    Taylor FAS DPD test kit. 30k gal salt in-ground plaster pool. CircuPool RJ45. Cartridge Filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Here is my Aeration Technique (Air Compressor)

Just remember that you get the maximum amount of carbon dioxide outgassing by keeping the pH low. As shown in this chart the pH makes a big difference with the outgassing rate possibly being about 60% faster at 7.0 compared to 7.2. Nevertheless, it sounds like the compressor is really doing a great job.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"