Cleaning Skimmer Basket

I put that same handle on my basket and I have a small long-handeled hook to lift it out with. I use the hook to remove the skimmer access lid, too ever since I found a live spider hanging onto the lid's underside. I usually check and empty my skimmer basket daily. But we live on a farm and we have hundreds of trees around our house. I normally find more leaves than anything else. Although I recently found a dead baby possum. A week earlier i found a live baby turtle. I never know what will be in there. In the past two summers I have found countless frogs (dead & alive), a variety of insects, beetles, spiders, ants (also both d & a). Thankfully, all the baby snakes and field mice have been dead. Oh, lets not forget the skinks they used to all be dead but with the handle they usually manage to hang on till I release them in the flower bed.
As Forest Gump would probably say, "The skimmer basket is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get." :D
Hang in there Sam, it gets easier!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.