Small Amount Of Fine Dirt Through Popups On Start Up

twowhlrcr

Gold Supporter
Sep 1, 2011
Goodyear, AZ
Hey guys,

Mechanically I have my pool working pretty good and now I'm trying to fine tune it. I just starting checking ph a few times per week and keeping on top of the chemicals. When I come out in the morning the pool look perfect, crystal clear, But when I start my filter, a small amount of fine dirt comes out through the popups and it clouds the pool slightly.

What could possibly be causing that dirt?

I have a second post that mentions a backflow of water that blows the strainer basket lid off when I turn off the pump. Could the two problems be related?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Pool 001 20.JPG
    Pool 001 20.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Pool 002 20.JPG
    Pool 002 20.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Pool 004 20.JPG
    Pool 004 20.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 70
It stays in suspension for quite awhile since it is so fine. It clouds the pool up quite a bit. It's definitely coming out of the popups and not off the bottom of the pool.

If I have the valve switched to the waterfalls, it will come out of the waterfalls. I have another post going describing the skimmer lid being blown off after turning the pump off and I'm being told that the system is sucking air into the filter and then blowing it back out when the pump is turned off. Could this be part of the problem with the dirt I'm seeing on start up?

No, your air leak is unrelated to the dirt. If dirt is coming out your returns, your filter/valve has a problem.

I don't have a sand filter or push/pull valve like you do, so we've now reached the limits of my experience. From what I've read around here, you likely have an issue with either the laterals in the filter or the o-rings in the valve .

Sorry I can't be more help! Hopefully someone else will stop by.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.