heres my readings...OK to swim ?

gdog2004

Jul 19, 2011
Lehigh Valley, PA
I had to shock my pool over the last week. I think its ok now.
I should have about 25 CYA (guessing as I have the slowest dissolving CYA imaginable), PH of 7.2 (doing the color test)
TA was 50 to 60 when I tested it last week. FC is 3.5 and CC is 0. I believe my pool is holding chlorine now and the walls are no longer slimey like they were last week.
I am assuming if my CC is 0 all is well. Pool looks pretty clear. Still have to vacuum leaves out. I will post my Vacuum woes in another thread. :)

As long as the water is clear and there are no visible signs of algae you are good to swim.

Keep in mind that PH and TA are both at the low end of their ranges. That doesn't prevent swimming, but is something to keep an eye on, as one or both will need to be raised soon.

JasonLion said:
As long as the water is clear and there are no visible signs of algae you are good to swim.

Keep in mind that PH and TA are both at the low end of their ranges. That doesn't prevent swimming, but is something to keep an eye on, as one or both will need to be raised soon.

OK...what exactly does algae look like ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.