Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: heres my readings...OK to swim ?

1. Back To Top    #1

heres my readings...OK to swim ?

I had to shock my pool over the last week. I think its ok now.
    I should have about 25 CYA (guessing as I have the slowest dissolving CYA imaginable), PH of 7.2 (doing the color test)
    TA was 50 to 60 when I tested it last week. FC is 3.5 and CC is 0. I believe my pool is holding chlorine now and the walls are no longer slimey like they were last week.
    I am assuming if my CC is 0 all is well. Pool looks pretty clear. Still have to vacuum leaves out. I will post my Vacuum woes in another thread.
    21' All Steel AGP with Resin caps, Heyward S244T Sand Filter, Heyward 1HP 2 speed pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: heres my readings...OK to swim ?

As long as the water is clear and there are no visible signs of algae you are good to swim.

Keep in mind that PH and TA are both at the low end of their ranges. That doesn't prevent swimming, but is something to keep an eye on, as one or both will need to be raised soon.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    As long as the water is clear and there are no visible signs of algae you are good to swim.

Keep in mind that PH and TA are both at the low end of their ranges. That doesn't prevent swimming, but is something to keep an eye on, as one or both will need to be raised soon.

OK...what exactly does algae look like ?
    21' All Steel AGP with Resin caps, Heyward S244T Sand Filter, Heyward 1HP 2 speed pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Green slimy patches on the walls or floor of the pool, or murky, nearly opaque, green water.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School