Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Going to Purchase Pentair FNS plus DE filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Going to Purchase Pentair FNS plus DE filter

Okay so I'm purchasing a new Intelliflow pump and figured now would be a good time to replace my old crystal clear2 filter which has no type of backwash valve.

I essentially have two 1 1/2" copper lines coming through the concrete, into 2" pvc. One line comes into the suction of the pump, exits the discharge of the pump into my DE filter, exits my DE filter back into the pool.

I'm looking at the filters on "poolsupplyunlimited.com" and off to the right they show different valve options:

Pentair Multi-port is shown as "better" for $108.94

&

Pentair Push-Pull valve as "Best" which is $62

Why is the "Best" valve cheaper? what do they do differently?

Thanks!
    Anthony 16,000 Gallon Oval, White plaster, 30' Long 15' Wide 5 1/2' Deep end 3 1/2' shallow end.
    Pentair Intelliflo, FNS Plus 60sf. DE, Pentair Intellibrite 5G
    TF100 Testkit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Going to Purchase Pentair FNS plus DE filter

The Multiport valve is a better choice than a Push-Pull valve. A Multiport valve can be used for Filter, Backwash, Waste, Rinse, Recirculate, or Closed. A Push-Pull valve can only be used for Filter or Backwash.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Going to Purchase Pentair FNS plus DE filter

excellent thanks for the info...sounds like i'm going to need to laminate a cheat sheet for all of the different settings on the multiport and leave it by the filter.
    Anthony 16,000 Gallon Oval, White plaster, 30' Long 15' Wide 5 1/2' Deep end 3 1/2' shallow end.
    Pentair Intelliflo, FNS Plus 60sf. DE, Pentair Intellibrite 5G
    TF100 Testkit