fiberglass liner crack need advice

anomale

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 23, 2011
Riverside, CA
Pool Size
Hi, for some reason not many people have even heard of a fiberglass liner :shock: but I have one in our pool and recently noticed a couple cracks and holes in the deep end. I was wondering if there was a way to repair them and if not i'm looking for a price to replace it or suggestion for an alternative.

BTW im not sure if this is the cause of it but we had a pool guy for the past year and apparently he never checked the chemicals in the pool once before i fired him i took a sample to the pool store and found out that the pH was too low to read, had 5ppm of copper, 3ppm of iron at least the chlorine was ok but only because he was using the trichlor tabs now my CYA is at 200 :grrrr: so 15 boxes of borax later the pH is up to 7.5 and have converted to bleach since then.

thanks
Adam

Start dumping water. With CYA @ 200, you need about 15 to 20 ppm FC just to maintain. Trying to shock will be almost out of the question. You want your CYA in the 25 to 50 range, depending on where you live.

To fix the cracks will require fiberglass fabric and epoxy resin and an empty, dry pool. Sand the surfaces, apply the patch and repaint with epoxy paint.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.