Ok, so I got this Glacier Pool Cooler thing to help cool my pool water. I had a pool guy install it as I have zero plumbing/electrical experience. He attached the intake to the pool cooler to the former intake of a Polaris booster pump. Apparently the water flows from the pump, through the filter to the main return line, through the SWG, then underground where ~20% splits off to the Pool cooler, and the other 80% return to the pool. The intake from the pool cooler then get cooled and returns to a T in the skimmer return line right before the pump.
The problem is that I have to maintain very high flows on my Intelliflo VF pump to get any sort of decent flow to the Pool Cooler, and it doesn't cool very much because the flows need to be even higher.
1) Is there a better way to replumb this to get higher flows to the cooler? The cooler has a ball valve to control how much intake it gets, and it currently is wide open.
2) If I can get a higher percentage of flow diverted to the cooler rather than the pool, what kind of consequences may occur, other than I may have to run my pump longer to get a full turnover?
3) Is it bad for water to recirculate through the SWG a few times before it goes back to the pool?
Thanks for any sort of input anyoneo can provide me!