Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae Dont thing so.....

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae Dont thing so.....

Hi guys new here and I have learned A LOT!!! Currently have to vaccum my 18K gallon pool daily. Get a build up of a brownish yellow "dust" on pool bottom. THought it was algae, but it stay to the bottom and does not move up walls, thought maybe pollen, but thaqt would be a lot of pollen everyday. My question is I use the bleach and acid from the BBB system, and have concretet garden brincks holding my wedding cake steps down. Could the by deteriorating and adding to this problem? Other ideas or help? Need to cleaqn my filter after everyvaccum session or it just spits it back out.
    18,000 Gallon Plaster IG Kidney w/ 400 Gallon Spa.
    Tagelus Sand Filter w/ Jandy Series One Gas Furnace.
    Emerson 1081 Pump, 1.0 HP 1.65 SF @ 3450 RPM.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Algae Dont thing so.....

Welcome to TFP!

To really help you, we need to know your latest test results, particularly chlorine and CYA.

What you are describing sounds like you have algae that you are barely keeping under control. You constantly have dead algae falling out of the water and settling on the bottom.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Algae Dont thing so.....

Sounds like algae to me too.
    Throw up some test results and maybe even run an OCLT.
    That'll let us know what's going on.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit