New build North Fort Worth!

2 hoses and 26 hours later the pool is full! The kids couldn't resist and neither could we, had to enjoy a couple beers on the tanning ledge watching the kids swim :cheers: 74 degrees outside, freezing water, lots of shivering but they didn't care because they got a POOL!!!

poolfilled.jpg

spafilled.jpg

Ignore the lack of landscaping, the yard clean-up crew is coming tomorrow as well as our landscaper to go over her design! I can't wait to add flowers, plants and trees :-D

(I am hoping the Blue Granite Pebblesheen is more blue when it cures and the chemicals are balanced, the water is a little green)

The pool looks absolutely amazing! I am so glad we switched to LED lights at the last minute. The programmed light shows are a huge WOW factor! The clean-up crew came yesterday and the back yard looks so much better. Next week the decking will be acid washed & grouted, the slide installed, sprinkler system re-routed and then we finish with pool school . Our landscaper will come the following weekend to start planting to finish our backyard oasis! I can't wait :-D

Click the picture for a short "party mode" light show in the spa!

msujohn said:
Monkey's Mom - Now that you are in the home stretch are you satisfied with your pool builder? Are there any watch outs that you would recommend I keep an eye out for? Anything you wish you would have done different or known about that you do now?

I had to wait until we got close enough to finish to answer your questions :wink:

Our PB has been great and answered all our questions, kept us updated on the process and stayed on track with the timeline. He did take a much deserved vacation (1st in 9 years) during the last week which has been a little stressful (I am a worrier) but his assistant has been great too. My husband or I have been home each day of the build and I highly recommend that if possible so you can watch the install/talk to the crew. I believe I caught a mistake with the PebbleSheen crew sealing our hydrostatic valve instead of adding the valve cap (I will find out when our PB returns Monday). If I hadn't been home, I wouldn't have caught it and they placed the drain cover over it so I'm not sure our PB would have caught it either, since you can't see it.

As for recommendations, we ended up extending our tanning ledge 1 foot all the way around after they sprayed the outline because I was concerned with the size. I am SO glad we did as it is perfect now. Changes like size or shape aren't easily fixed so if you have concerns address them and change them before they dig. Think about future plans. We plan on adding an outdoor kitchen so we had the gas/electricity placed in that area when they were doing the gas/electricity for the pool equipment. I also HIGHLY recommend the LED lights. Another PB talked us out of them (budget) with the PebbleSheen as it looks great with a white light (and it does) but we changed last minute and the light shows are amazing and so worth the extra $! Good luck and I can't wait to follow your build :)

congrats on getting finished up. on the salt issue you asked about earlier, paul added the salt a week after the pool was filled and chemicals added (about a week after PS was installed). we have not had any issues but there are plenty of folks on this forum and others that swear by the 30 day window. i contacted Pebble Tech Warranty and they said they would prefer the builders to wait 30 days but it will not be an issue if they don't. so go figure.......

on the green tint, most if not all of that will disappear. what i have noticed that sometimes early in the morning it will have a slight green tint and then sometimes in the late afternoon. shouldn't have any green tint at all during the middle of the day either. some of that green tint is due to the water not being balanced.

congrats again on being finished up and i know it's an exciting time for your family!

AJones, thank you. They added chlorine today, said we could start swimming as well as heating the spa and plan on adding salt tomorrow, a mere week after PebbleSheen install. I asked about waiting 30 days for the salt and the heater but they said it wasn't an issue!?!

The pool is already a beautiful shade of blue. The acid start-up really helped change the water color and clarity over the weekend. Kids are having a blast :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.