Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pumping fresh water into pool

1. Back To Top    #1

pumping fresh water into pool

Hello
    I recently had to change the multiport valve assembly that sits on top of the sand filter, I also had to change the water direction valves, the produced a lot of air in the system that meant bleeding the pump to get rid of the air.

My sand filter is a Micron S750 High Rate.
    I have 4 number direction valves that carry out the following: -
    Valve No.1 returns water to the pool from the filter
    Valves 2,3 & 4 direct water from the pool through the sand filter

To clean the bottom of the pool with a suction hose, Valves 1 & 4 are opened, 2 &3 remain closed
    To filter the water in the pool Valves 2 & 4 are opened, 1 & 3 remain closed
    To backwash the sand filter Valve 3 only is opened,the others remain closed
    To send water from the holding tank/reservoir to top up the pool water level, Valves 3 & 4 are opened,1 & 2 remain closed

All these configurations work well except for topping up the pool, no water is being passed from the holding tank/reservoir into the pool.

There is still some air in the system but that should not affect the flow of water back to the pool.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this problem is occurring and any remedies that I can try.
    Regards
    Mike Court
    Regards
    Mike Court
    In ground Pool size 12m x 5m x 1.3m av
    Concrete construction with tiled base and sides
    750 Sand Filter
    1.5k Pump
    I don't have a skimmer, around the perimeter of the pool is a plastic grate above a concrete channel that directs overflow into holding tank.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pumping fresh water into pool

Post a pic of your setup and we can figure it out.

From your description you need to leave valve "1" open all the time, since it's the only valve that returns water to the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello
    Thanks for the information. How do I add pictures? With regards to the valve query I used to be able to top up using only Valves 3 & 4. I will try opening No1 as well.
    Regards
    Mike
    Regards
    Mike Court
    In ground Pool size 12m x 5m x 1.3m av
    Concrete construction with tiled base and sides
    750 Sand Filter
    1.5k Pump
    I don't have a skimmer, around the perimeter of the pool is a plastic grate above a concrete channel that directs overflow into holding tank.

4. Back To Top    #4

To post pix, make a photobucket album. Copy and past the 4th code option, one line per pic please.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.