what is your favorite test kit? and what do you recommended?

which test kit is the best?

• Total voters
Re: what is your favorite test kit? and what do you recommen

I've used the TF-100 ever since I switched from Baquacil to Chlorine and it by far has been a lifesaver. The only pool store for me is over 20 miles away, so using them is out. I HATE test strips as I never seem to match the color....let alone get the same answer twice from either the strips or the stores.

The TF-100 has all the "tools" you will need to manage your pool, as well as is backed by the site. The members here on the board know the kit inside and out, let alone support from the company itself on the board.

For $80 you'll get at least two years worth of accurate testing, plus a sparkling pool.

Arch_2_Wifey said:
Which test kit would you recommend for me? I have an intex agp 18' x 52" approx 7,000 gallons and im currently using the index sand filter model sf15110....but interested in adding an swcg and possible hard plumbing :)

I went for the TFT-100 XL and the speed stir. The xl because sooner or later I will need it and will save me shipping and waiting time. The speedstir because you don't have to stop and swirl between each drop. It is $30 I think, if money is an issue you can do without it. But I am not sorry I bought it. It has a light that shines up into the sample so you can see the color well and you never have to stop and swirl.

If money is really tight you can buy the tft-50 but I think the 100 is the way to go.

On the SWG I think you can get it cheap from walmart right now. Someone who knows the details can fill you in.

Ditto. There are only a couple of kits with the tests necessary to really manage a pool, and they are the K-2006 and TF-100. Both use Taylor reagents, both have what you need. The TF-100 was custom assembled w/ Taylor tests for the TFP site to better accommodate the testing we need. Those of us that have purchased it are overwhelmingly pleased with it, but if you prefer to get a regular Taylor kit, the K-2006 will work for you.
The real trick is to get a FAS-DPD test for free chlorine.

The main reason the TF100 is a better value than the Taylor K-2006 is the bottle sizes and the great amount of CYA reagent in the TF100.

The K-2006 also has unnecessary acid and base demand reagents. The pool calculator handles all chemical calculations for us. As such, these reagents often will go unused.

From the http://tftestkits.net website:
The Taylor K-2206 kit is a good choice if you have a pool that is already well-managed. It contains all the tests you need to keep your pool sparkling.

If your pool has some water quality issues, we think the TF-100 makes more sense. It contains more reagents to perform many more tests for Chlorine and CYA...........very helpful for getting your pool in balance.

Consult the information below to compare kits. NOTE - The acid and base demand tests in the Taylor K-2006 are fine tests but seldom used for residential testing. Most pool owners use a The Pool Calculator for the same results.

........................Taylor K-2006..........................TFTestkits TF-100

pH ------------------ .75 oz .............................................. .75 oz

FAS/DPD
Chlorine Test ---------- .75 oz. .............................................. 2 oz.

Total Alkalinity---------.75 oz ................................................. 1 oz

OTO Chlorine Test------- no ....................................................yes

Calcium Hardness
Test ------------------- .75 oz ..................................................1 oz

CYA test-------------------- 1.5 oz ............................................ 8 oz.

Base Demand Test-------- yes ..................................................... no

Acid Demand Test -------- yes ..................................................... no

If you live in the U.S., Get the TF-100 hands down! :-D
Better value, Very well thought out and designed for us to follow the pool school format, Dave and Meg are great to work with as they are very hard working couple to take care of our needs with prompt shipping and helps support this site! :whoot:
What more do you need to know?

Chuck

P.S. This is a favorite link too:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/click-here-to-become-a-troublefreepool-com-supporter-t183.html

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.