Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: floater with pucks question

1. Back To Top    #1

Mickleton, NJ

floater with pucks question

I am going on vacation next week. I'm planning on bumping up Cholorine with bleach before we leave but after a few days I was going to have my dog sitter add a floater with some pucks to get me through the last three days of vacation. My question is she will be turning my pump on in the am and off in the evening. Should the floater be pulled out when the pump is off?
    Currently Pooless

Former Pool:Buster Crabbe resin and steel 30'x15' oval 52" ABG pool Pentair sand dollar filter 1.5 Pentair Dynamo pump13,500 gallons

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: floater with pucks question

With a floater it doesn't need to be removed unless there's a good possibility of it getting stuck close to something it would bleach or corrode. There's not much of a chance that will happen unless you have some special circumstances.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Central NY

Re: floater with pucks question

When i used to float pucks I would put the "float" under my solar cover and in front of return and it would hold there nicely. During day chlorine would be distributed nicely and kept away from liner and be out in the pool when it sat there overnight just soaking (I leave my pump off at night). If no solar cover you could always turn it into a "buoy" instead of a float and tie an anchor to it ...
    14,600g / 24ft. Round Above Ground with Solar Cover
    18" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    1 HP Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump running 10am - 8pm
    Full Sun (when we get sun ... LOL): Approx. 10am to 7pm
    Using the Trouble Free Method, and loving it!! Arrrrrrrr!!!!